Friday, June 19, 2009

Reutimann Previews Sonoma/Infineon Raceway


Thoughts on Sonoma and the challenges of road course racing:
"Well, first of all you have to turn left and right. It's just a different style of racing that requires a different technique. To help prepare myself for the challenge, I did a good bit of testing leading up to this weekend - at places like VIR (Virginia International Raceway), and I tested a pavement late model at Infineon with Max Papis."

Advantage of having a road course expert like Marcus Ambrose for a teammate:
"Marcus has been very helpful. Any time I've had a question or need a bit of advice Marcus has been more than welcoming. We tested a two seating race car at VIR and he gave me plenty of pointers. Also, Max Papis has been very helpful."

Experience with road course racing:
"Well, to be honest it has been a difficult form of racing, but I believe I've improved and I definitely feel better prepared. Working with guys like Max Papis and Marcus Ambrose has really helped."

Expectations for this weekend at Sonoma:
"First goal is to stay on the track and be patient. If I can do that then I believe we can have a solid finish."

2009 NSCS Points Standings:
After Sunday’s wild finish in Michigan, the 8-14 spots were sent spinning. With his win Mark Martin jumped from 13th to 8th, dropping David Reutimann to 13th by a mere 3 points.

Chassis Information:
The No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine for Infineon Raceway is chassis No. 617. This chassis was used in the car at Bristol, finishing 12th.

Race Information:
Watch the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in action on Sunday, June 21 in the Toyota/SaveMart 350 at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, CA. Race coverage begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on TNT.

No comments:

Post a Comment