Wednesday, August 05, 2009

David Reutimann Watkins Glen - Fast Facts



Feelings on road courses and whether they should be part of the Sprint Cup season or the Chase:


"I'm not saying I dislike road courses - it's just a type of race track that I haven't learned to excel at yet. I grew up racing dirt cars on short tracks, so turning left and right has been something new that I'm trying to master. With that said, I believe having every type of track makes a driver complete, but for my sake I hope they leave them out of the Chase."

Differences between Watkins Glen and the other road course on the circuit, Sonoma:


"First of all, almost all of the turns are different than those at Sonoma. Sonoma has slow turns - where as the Glen has faster corners. These variations in the corners mean you have to shift and pedal the throttle totally different than you do at Sonoma."

What you learned from the earlier road course race at Sonoma that may help you at Watkins Glen:


"It's like in other sports - the more practice you get the better prepared you become. Basically, each additional lap I make at a road course the more I learn about how your must drive these type of tacks."

Goals for this weekend at Watkins Glen:


"What happen last weekend was unfortunate and hurt our chances of making the chase. Still, the Aaron's team is focused on making up as many points as possible before the cut off point. If I can keep the Aaron's Dream Machine on the track and stay out of trouble then I'm confident we can come away with a solid finish."

2009 NSCS Points Standings: David Reutimann is currently in 16th, 121 points behind 12th place.

Chassis Information: The No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine for Watkins Glen is chassis No. 617. This is the same Aaron's Dream Machine that ran at Sonoma and finished 12th at Bristol.

Race Information: Watch the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in action at Watkins Glen International on Sunday, August 9. Race coverage for the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen begins at 1 p.m. ET on ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment