Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Patrick Carpentier Watkins Glen - Fast Facts


NAPA RACING PRESS BOX FEATURING PATRICK CARPENTIER
Talk about your new opportunity at Michael Waltrip Racing.
“I’m really happy about this new opportunity. We had a really good time in Sonoma once we got accustomed to each other. Friday was tough for us, but Saturday and Sunday was really great for me and the NAPA team. I am really looking forward to driving the NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota for Michael at Watkins Glen. It is a track I really like to drive.”

You tested with the NAPA team at Virginia International Raceway on July 22nd. What were you able to get accomplished?
“I feel like we will be even better at Watkins Glen after I had a chance to test with Michael’s team. I believe we made a lot of improvements. We tested a couple of cars with different set ups and things so we have a good idea of what we need to have. Obviously, it is always good to have a chance to test before a race. I believe I have really good car for Watkins Glen.”

What is the key to running well at Watkins Glen?
“I think it’s all about the momentum of the race. It is a little different than Sonoma because Sonoma is a lot more technical in my opinion. With the double-file restarts, it is going to be tough. What I experienced at Sonoma, that new element was really tough. It was tough to stay on the track during restart after restart so we’ll just see how it goes. I think the restarts are going to make it really interesting.”

NAPA RACING PRESS BOX FEATURING MICHAEL WALTRIP
What was your reason for putting Patrick Carpentier back in your car for Watkins Glen?
“Patrick is being rewarded for perserverence. At Sonoma, he drove for me and started out with a car he wasn’t happy with. He worked with my crew chief Bootie (Barker) and my NAPA boys to get an 11th-place finish. We also had a little deal on the side. If he was able to finish solidly at Infineon Raceway and he deemed the experience of working with my team as fun and wanted to do again, then he and I would ask NAPA to allow him to drive again. We all agreed so Patrick will drive the No. 55 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota for NAPA and me at Watkins Glen.”

Patrick Carpentier Fast Facts

  • Patrick Carpentier will be driving the NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota. He will be competing in his 33rd NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race when the 22nd event of the 2009 Sprint Cup season, the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips, gets underway at Watkins Glen International, in Watkins Glen, NY.

  • Carpentier has competed in two NASCAR Sprint Cup events at Watkins Glen. Last year, he lined up 39th since rain canceled qualifying and was set by the rulebook. He went on to score his best finish of 20th. He has completed 180 of 180 laps (100%) at the 2.45-mile road course.

  • His NASCAR Nationwide Series career statistics at road courses are impressive with five starts. He has earned one pole (2007 Montreal), three top-five (second – 2007 Montreal, fifth – 2008 Mexico City and second – 2008 Montreal) and five top-20 finishes (19th – 2007 Watkins Glen, 22nd – 2008 Watkins Glen).

  • Entering this week’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event, the NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry is 31st in the owner standings. The team is just 173 points out of the top 25.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You N A P A and M W R,

    for giving the #55 car to Patrick for The Glen.

    We will finish strong but with just a bit of luck, we will finish #1.

    With those good auto parts, he wont have to "start n' stop" and he will show what he can do.

    PAT, quand tu as besoin d'un éclaireur pas cher, je suis là en quelques heures pour le prix du gas de Montréal et quelques biscuits secs. All Clear.

    G O P A T G O

    ReplyDelete