Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Brian Campbell Named Honorary Pit Crew Member


HAMPTON, Ga. – It will never be the same according to Brian Campbell. A race fan for as long as he can remember, Campbell never expected the treatment he received on Sunday night at Atlanta Motor Speedway when he was a guest of NAPA and Michael Waltrip Racing. Campbell was given the prestigious honor of being a member of the NAPA AUTO PARTS pit crew.

Campbell, of Marietta, Ga., is the CFO and CEO of D.W. Campbell, Inc. His company boasts five full-service Goodyear dealerships in the area. The company was started 25 years ago by his father. Campbell believes the business has been in his blood since the day he was born.

Now, working for the company for over 15 years, he appreciates all the great working relationships he has including NAPA.

“NAPA always has everything we need in stock and delivers everything on time. NAPA has been there for us whenever we needed them. If we’ve had problems, they have corrected the issue and honored all the warranty claims. They have been great to work with and a great company to have standing behind us.”

Campbell’s day started when he arrived just in time for Michael Waltrip’s appearance at the NAPA Race Day Experience. The two-time Daytona 500 champion presented him with an autographed crew shirt in front of a packed house. From there, Campbell was taken to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage area where he got a personal tour of the garage, NAPA team hauler and pit road by Michael Waltrip Racing’s Rick Wainright. He joined the NAPA team for dinner and then headed out to pit road to participate in pre-race activities.

“This has been a fantastic day for me,” said Campbell. “I got to see a lot of parts in the racing business that I never knew existed. The inspection process and all the things that go into getting a car ready for a race are just amazing. A lot of good people are needed to make a race car go fast.

“Also, I was impressed with the inventory the NAPA team has on their truck including a secondary car that’s ready to go. I have never seen so much efficiency.”

The highlight of his night besides watching the race from the NAPA pit box was seeing his name on the c-post of the No. 55 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota.

“That was really something else,” he smiled. “I have taken many pictures of it and I am looking forward to sharing them with my friends and family. That’s one thing I know that doesn’t happen very often. I don’t think anyone I know can say the same thing I can … I have had my name on Michael Waltrip’s NAPA AUTO PARTS car.

“It has been a great honor and experience. I am so fortunate that NAPA chose me. I hope my relationship with NAPA continues to grow and hopefully, we will be invited back again.”

This season at 18 NASCAR Sprint Cup events where NAPA is hosting its popular Race Day Experience, a guest will be chosen based on different criteria determined by the NAPA management from that region. The Honorary Pit Crew Member program will take place at upcoming hospitality events at Richmond International Raceway (September 12), Kansas Speedway (October 4), Texas Motor Speedway (November 8) and Homestead-Miami Speedway (November 22).

No comments:

Post a Comment