Saturday, July 10, 2010
Trevor Bayne Chicagoland Race Report
TREVOR BAYNE, Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota
• Suffered from an extremely tight-handling race car for the majority of the race
• A key caution flag flew on lap 140 with the leader just 10 cars back allowing Bayne to stay on lead lap
• Bayne suffered major damage after contact with the wall on lap 197 and was unable to return to the race
• Raced in and around the top 10 for the majority of the race
BAYNE QUOTE: “We were going to have a pretty decent finish tonight. We fought a tight-handling race car for most of the race but Jerry Baxter was able to give me a pretty good Aaron's Dream Machine when it counted. I was racing Steven Wallace and Justin Allgaier decide to take it three wide and slide into us and cut our tire. I tried to nurse it home but the tire blew and I hit the outside wall hard. It just stinks for all the guys on the team that work so hard each week. I just feel like this happens to us each week. We have a good run and something happens right at the end of the race and we don't get the finishes we deserve.”
NNS Racing Results
• Kyle Busch won the Dollar General 300 Powered by Coca-Cola, his 37th victory in 188 NNS races
• With the victory, Busch takes sole possession of second place on the all-time series wins list. Mark Martin is the all-time wins leader with 48.
• Joey Logano (second) posted his second top-10 finish in two races at Chicagoland Speedway
• Brian Scott, David Reutimann and Jason Leffler rounded out the top five
• The race featured 14 lead changes among seven drivers. Cautions slowed the race five times for 20 laps.
• NASCAR estimated 57,500 race fans in attendance at Chicago