Thursday, February 05, 2009

Reutimann's Ready for First Ever Bud Shootout

// Courtesy : Autostock Images //

EXCITEMENT ABOUT FIRST BUD SHOOTOUT AND GOALS FOR THE RACE

"This is a good opportunity for the No. 00 Aaron's Dream Machine Toyota Camry team to get out there and use this race as sort of a test," said Reutimann. "The Bud Shootout will give us a chance to learn how our car will react in the draft. It also gives me and my new crew chief, Rodney Childers, and I a chance to work together in a race environment for the first time. We had the chance to go test together at Texas Motor Speedway during a Goodyear tire test and that went really well. We're still learning each other, but I know we are going to be just fine. I think we're probably somewhat alike. Our focus is to go out there and log some laps and in the end be there in contention for a win. It would be a great way to kick off Speedweeks and give us some momentum going into the Daytona 500 even though we'll use a different car."

TEAM IN TACT AND REUTIMANN'S HAPPY TO HAVE FAMILY NUMBER BACK

"All my team from last year will be the same group of guys aside from the new crew chief for the No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine," said Reutimann. "There's a few of my guys that were with me back in the Truck Series days when I drove for Darrell Waltrip. I’m thankful the team is in tact and I am really happy about having the No. 00 back on my NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Aaron's Dream Machine. The fabled number has been in my family for over 50 years and it means a lot to me personally to have it on my door. I'm thankful for Aaron's sticking with me through my career. They were there with me for my first NASCAR Nationwide Series win at Memphis Motorsports Park a couple years ago and I hope to be able to win my first Cup race with them."

RACING IN HOMETOWN

"It’s great to have an opportunity to race close to home," said Reutimann. "Zephyrhills (Fla.) is only a couple hours away. Because my hometown is so close, it gives my friends and family a chance to come out to watch me race. Being at Daytona doesn’t give me an advantage over the other drivers. Daytona is its own animal, anything can happen here."
WORKING THE DRAFT: "You've got to make friends out there to make your way to the front," said Reutimann. "You have to prove yourself and make the other guys comfortable around you so they will draft with you. You have to be in the right line at the right time. The draft is certainly what helps win the race, but it’s all about timing. If the line is moving forward down low you just have to stay down there with the pack. You’ll change your line the entire race."

BREAKING AWAY FROM THE TRACK TO RELAX BEFORE YOU RUN THE DAYTONA 500

"My focus will be on the Daytona 500," said Reutimann. I will be preparing for the race all throughout the week. I will probably try to watch my dad (Buzzie 68) race in the modified race in Tampa. At 68, he is still heavily involved in the Winternationals Open Wheel Modified Series at East Bay Raceway. This is actually a big weekend for the Modifieds; it’s like the Daytona of the dirt track Modified lasting from Wednesday to Saturday."
CHASSIS INFORMATION: The No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine for the Bud Shootout is chassis #617. "I don't believe it has ever been on a racetrack before I came over," said Crew Chief Rodney Childers. "It should be a good car and has a lot of improvements from last year."

RACE INFORMATION

Live coverage of the NASCAR Budweiser Shootout will be Saturday, February 7th at 8:00 p.m. EST on FOX.

No comments:

Post a Comment