Saturday, September 04, 2010
Michael Waltrip Racing Qualifying Report - Atlanta Motor Speedway
Martin Truex Jr. — No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota — qualified sixth.
David Reutimann¬—No. 00 Aaron’s Outdoors Dream Machine Toyota — qualified 13th.
• Denny Hamlin won the Coors Light Pole Award—his first of the season and first at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
• Ryan Newman and Kyle Busch rounded out top three.
• Point leader Kevin Harvick will start 29th
• JTG-Daugherty’s Marcos Ambrose will start 32nd
• Saturday’s race begins at 7:30 p.m. (Eastern) on ESPN-TV, PRN Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio channel 128.
MARTIN TRUEX JR. — “It was a good pickup from practice. We had a long day. Two hours and 45 minutes was a long day. We made a lot of changes from practice. We struggled off the trailer and we continued to work on the NAPA Toyota all day. It was a really good lap for us. At the end of the second practice we felt good. We did some race runs to start it and a couple qualifying runs at the end of it. We had a good lap and we should be in good shape for the race tomorrow.”
DAVID REUTIMANN — “It was a good lap. We were good all the way around and I felt like we had a lot more grip in Turns 1 and 2. I think we’ll be very good in the race, but for the most part I just under-drove my lap a little bit. I always over-drive my qualifying laps here and today I tried really hard not to do that and just ended up under-driving it a little. I think we’ll be good tomorrow on the longer runs and be strong in the race.”