Saturday, September 25, 2010
Trevor Bayne finishes 6th in NNS race at Dover
TREVOR BAYNE, No. 99 OUT! Pet Care Toyota
• Bayne started eighth and finished sixth
• Fell from seventh to 15th under caution on lap 70 when he experienced a tire issue
• Worked his way back to sixth by a caution on lap 135
• Never fell outside of the top-15 and remained on the lead lap the entire race
• Recorded his tenth top-10 of the season.
NNS Racing Results
• Kyle Busch won the Dover 200 - his 11th race of the NNS season setting a new single season record
• Sam Ard previously held the record with 10 NNS wins in 1983
• Busch recorded his third victory and eighth top-10 finish in 13 races at Dover International Speedway
• Joey Logano, Carl Edwards, Reed Sorenson and Kevin Harvick rounded out the top-five
• Series point leader Brad Keselowski finished 17th and holds a 320 point lead over Carl Edwards
• The race featured three lead changes among three drivers.
• The race was slowed by four cautions for a total of 19 laps.
BAYNE QUOTE: “We had a really good OUT! Pet Care Toyota today. We got behind a little bit today with a tire issue and had to come down pit road and lost some spots about halfway through, but we raced hard to get back towards the front. It’s tough to make up track position when you only have a couple cautions. I’m really proud of the whole No. 99 team today for working hard to get us back up there. Our pit stops were great all day and that definitely helped.”