Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Ambrose and his JTG-Daugherty Team Preview Texas


FORT WORTH, Texas (April 1, 2009) – This year JTG-Daugherty Racing took a chance and entered uncharted waters as a full-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series operation after 14 seasons in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. So far, so good for the first year Sprint Cup operation.

“We’ve had a great start to the season and this weekend will mark the first time that we have run the Clorox colors on our car" Ambrose said. “It’s time for families to think about their Spring cleaning regimen and the best way to remind them would be to place the Clorox Toyota up front all weekend.”


Ambrose has been pooling his resources and is ready to top his 21st-place Cup finish he posted in November at the 1.5-mile quad-oval with his No. 47 Clorox Toyota Camry.
“My teammate David Reutimann went to Texas in January to participate in a Goodyear tire test,” said Ambrose, who also has four NASCAR Nationwide Series starts and two Camping World Truck Series starts with JTG-Daugherty Racing at Texas. “The test went really well. I feel like I can ask David any question about that track or any place for that matter. David, Michael and I are all using each other to get better and I think that shows.”

The Australian driver is also using the two drivers to measure his ability.
“If I am running with them, I know I am doing a good job,” Ambrose said. “When I chose to come here, I wanted to see if I could compete in NASCAR. I wanted the opportunity to see if I could do it or if I need to pack up and head home to Australia. This deal is still new to me. Even though I am not labeled as a rookie, technically, I am a rookie. I still have to go to the rookie meetings.”

The reason the 32-year-old is not eligible to carry the Raybestos Rookie status is because he made 11 starts last season. Out of those 11 starts, Ambrose delivered an impressive third-place finish at Watkins Glen International. Since his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut at Infineon Raceway (6/22/08), he has recorded one top-five, two top-10 and six top-20 finishes in just 17 career starts. “We’re in the position to keep running well,” Ambrose said. “We knew if we were fast enough, we would finish in the top 15 and then the top 10. Now, we’ve got to aim for top-five finishes. After two short track races, I'm ready to go back to a normal speedway." On Sunday, live coverage of the Samsung 500 begins at 1:30 p.m. ET on FOX and 1 p.m. on PRN Radio. The event can also be heard on Sirius XM Satellite Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment