Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The Franchise Previews Texas


REUTIMANN’S TAKE ON ‘THE FRANCHISE’:
“I will be glad when the nickname loses its popularity,” said Reutimann. “It all began as a joke inside the organization. I is kind of just a ridiculous joke, we were just having fun. I obviously don’t really feel that way. It is really just suppose to be funny. I have been called worse so I guess I will take it.”

EXPECTING GOOD THINGS IN TEXAS:
“Last season we finished in the top-10 at Texas,” said Reutimann. “The other times we have had motor issues. Each time we were running well we just had bad stuff happened to us there at the end. The one thing that does come to mind when I think about Texas is when I hit the wall really hard in the Truck series. I thought I was about dead. I really do like this race track. It’s a fast track and we can run well here. If we can get a good finish without running into any problems like we had in the past then we will be okay.”

THE AARON’S DREAM MACHINE OFF TO A GREAT START:
“I feel really good about the season so far,” said Reutimann. “Rodney (Childers) and the guys have been working really hard each week to get the car the way we want it to be. I think we are definitely where we expected to be at this point in the season. We have had some good runs and qualifying positions at most of the tracks. I would like to have more top-five finishes at this point, but we just can’t get to ahead of ourselves. It is important for us not to lose focus and to just concentrate on one race at a time.”

REACHING OUR 2009 GOALS:
“Our goal for the season is to still win some races and we would like to move up in the points,” said Reutimann. “We should be getting some more top-five finishes. It’s a great feeling to know that some many fans support me and the Aaron’s Dream Machine and routing for me to get locked into the top-12 in the championship points. We just have to convince everyone else that we are capable of doing so. Hopefully they will all support me and Aaron’s and it turns out to be a good thing for everyone.”

RACING’S A TOUGH TEAM SPORT:
“This is definitely a team sport,” said Reutimann. “A great example of this is last week at Martinsville; we had a bad pit stop taking us out of contention and we had been running in the top-10 all day. Every time you have a situation like that it shows you how important team work is in order to succeed. It is definitely not just the driver; it takes the entire team. If I mess up out on the track it will also affect us. Racing is a tough team sport and usually the driver gets all the glory but it definitely takes the whole team and not just the guys behind the pit wall but also the guys back at the shop. No job is any more important over the other, it is important for all of us to work hard for the team.”

CHASSIS INFORMATION:
The No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine for the Texas Motor Speedway race is chassis #624. This car raced at Fontana earlier this year and posted Reutimann’s first top-five finish. The car has also tested at Texas this year.

RACE INFORMATION:
Catch the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Samsung 500 on Sunday, April 5th at the Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment