Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Martin Truex Jr. Richmond Advance


CORNELIUS, N.C. — The Sprint All-Star race is just three weeks away and NAPA Racing’s Martin Truex Jr. is hot on the campaign trail seeking votes from race fans. Truex is officially launches his “Tried and TrueX” campaign this weekend at Richmond International Raceway (RIR). He’ll appear Saturday at the Sprint Experience as well as film segments for SPEED-TV’s NASCAR Race Hub, NASCAR Smarts and NASCAR Race Day asking fans to vote. Truex says he wants nothing more than to be a part of NASCAR’s no-holds-barred extravaganza.

QUOTES

Truex Jr. on the Sprint All-Star Fan Vote: “We are going to have fun with the “Tried and TrueX” campaign. We wanted to obviously include all the fans and let them know that we appreciate their votes. I have had the privilege of making it into the All-Star race all three ways, but the year I won the Fan Vote, I obviously didn’t know I had won the vote when we were running in The Open. I was out there trying to win. I could kind of tell how the race was going. My team was competitive, but we didn’t have a shot at winning it. When I took the checkered flag, my team told me that we were voted in. I couldn’t believe it. My day had gone from, ‘I hate that I have to drive home and watch it on TV’ to ‘Wow, I’m in!’

Truex Jr. on racing at Richmond: “I’ve had good runs at Richmond in the past and I like racing there. But right now, Pat and I are really focused on figuring out the MWR cars. We just aren’t where we need to be right now with that. We’ve lost some valuable track time over the last couple of weeks with Saturday practices being rained out. I think that’s hurt this new team when it came to places like Phoenix and Texas — places Pat and I normally run very well. We tested on Monday at Gresham Motorsports Park (Jefferson, Ga.) to prepare for Richmond and I hope the extra track time will bring us up to speed so we can run Richmond like we both are accustomed to.”

No comments:

Post a Comment