Friday, April 16, 2010
Michael Waltrip Racing - Samsung Mobile 500 at Texas Motor Speedway - Post Qualifying Report
Martin Truex Jr. posted the fastest lap of the two Michael Waltrip Racing Toyotas during today’s Coors Light qualifying at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, Texas. He’ll line up 14th. Meanwhile, David Reutimann will start 16th. Sunday’s running of the Samsung Mobile 500 gets underway on FOX, PRN and SiriusXM Satellite Radio 128 starting at 3 p.m. ET.
• Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry - Qualified 14th
• David Reutimann, Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry - Qualified 16th
• Tony Stewart won the Coors Light Pole Award with a time of 28.224.
• Hornish Jr. joins Stewart on the front row followed by Greg Biffle, Jimmie Johnson and Kasey Kahne in the top five
• JTG-Daugherty Racing driver Marcos Ambrose qualified the No. 47 Toyota 32nd
• All Michael Waltrip Racing affiliated Camry’s qualified for Sunday’s race—six cars in total.
MARTIN TRUEX JR., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry, Qualified: 14th
How was your qualifying lap? “It was decent. We had a good pickup from practice. You know how it is when you qualify, you’re happy that you picked up and things went well, but you’re always thinking about what you left and what went wrong. I was really good in (turns) one and two and I felt really good going into the back. Off into three I got wide open and when I hit the bump down there in (turns) three and four, it just knocked me up the hill and got me tight and I had to lift. I lost a good bit of time there. If it wasn’t for that we would have had a shot at it. It was a good job by the guys, a good pickup.”
DAVID REUTIMANN, No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry, Qualified: 16th
How does going out early in qualifying effect your starting position? “Sometimes the draw doesn’t go your way and sometimes it does and today it just didn’t go our way. Hopefully it’ll hang in there. The odds are the track will get a lot quicker as the day goes on for sure.”
What do you think of the spoiler here at Texas? “Overall it doesn’t feel like it drives a whole lot different. My car seems a little tighter on entry and stuff than what we’ve had here in the past. Of course we’ve changed a lot of things to help that as well. All in all, I think it has been good so far.”