Michael Waltrip Racing drivers finished the Budweiser Shootout at Daytona International Speedway as follows:
MWR NSCS Race Results
• Michael Waltrip, No. 51 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry - Finished 21st
NSCS RACE NOTES:
• Kevin Harvick won the Budweiser Shootout as the race ended under caution.
• The win was the second in a row for Kevin Harvick in the Budweiser Shootout.
• Harvick was sidelined by illness for the past week, but won the race by taking the lead in the final two laps.
• Greg Biffle's car had a flat tire to trigger an eight-car pileup behind winner Harvick, runner-up Kasey Kahne and third-place finisher Jamie McMurray.
• The racing was unbelievable with the biggest carburetor restrictor plate since ol’ D.W. (Darrell Waltrip) won the Day¬tona 500 in 1989.
• NASCAR announced the estimated attendance for the Budweiser Shootout at 85,000.
MICHAEL WALTRIP RACING NSCS DRIVER NOTES AND QUOTES:
Michael Waltrip, No. 51 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota
• Started 15th and finished 21st
• Held his position for the majority of the first 25 lap session.
• Gets hit and spins on lap 24, but avoids contact and returns to the track on the lead lap.
• Makes minor adjustments during the first intermission and returns to the track in 23rd to start the second session.
• Kurt Busch spins on lap 32. Waltrip takes evasive action to avoid contact. Waltrip pits for new tires and removes a right sprint rubber.
• Restarts 22nd on lap 37 and crew chief Pat Tryson says he can make it the rest of the way on fuel.
• The No. 39 turned Waltrip on Lap 70 causing contact with the wall.
• Waltrip’s Toyota was damaged and goes into the garage and does not return.
MICHAEL WALTRIP QUOTE: “I can’t believe that Ryan Newman drove into me. I had just lost my momentum because Dale Jr. got loose. I made it around him and then I got hit. The NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota was decent tonight. I am really disappointed because we were fast.”
Results and Standings
BUDWEISER SHOOTOUT FINAL RESULTS (Unofficial)
FIN DRIVER SPONSOR
1. Kevin Harvick Shell / Pennzoil
2. Kasey Kahne Budweiser
3. Jamie McMurray Bass Pro Shops / Tracker
4. Kyle Busch M&M's
5. Denny Hamlin FedEx Express
6. Brian Vickers Red Bull
7. Joey Logano The Home Depot
8. Jeff Gordon DuPont
9. Tony Stewart Old Spice / Office Depot
10. Juan Montoya Target
11. Dale Earnhardt Jr. National Guard / Amp Energy
12. Jeff Burton Caterpillar
13. Jimmie Johnson Lowe's
14. Ken Schrader Red Bull
15. Greg Biffle 3M
16. Matt Kenseth Crown Royal
17. Carl Edwards Scotts Turf Builder
18. Bobby Labonte TRG Motorsports
19. Ryan Newman Haas Automation
20. Mark Martin GoDaddy.com
21. Michael Waltrip NAPA Auto Parts
22. John Andretti Window World Cares
23. Kurt Busch Miller Lite
24. Derrike Cope Asset Protect/Strutmasterspro.com