NASCAR Nationwide Series qualifying for the Stater Bros. 300 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif. is now complete.
Diamond-Waltrip Racing’s Trevor Bayne and the No. 99 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry qualified 10th with a time of 40.568 seconds. Joey Logano won the pole position with a time of 39.717 seconds.
- Trevor Bayne will line up 10th on the outside of Row 5 for today’s event.
- This is Bayne’s first top-10 qualifying effort of 2010 and the 10th out of 17 career starts.
- MWR’s David Reutimann is entered in the No. 10 Beringer Toyota Camry for Braun Racing. Reutimann will start 11th on the inside of Row 6.
- Joey Logano won the Coors Light Pole Award for the Stater Bros. 300 with a lap of 39.717, 181.283 mph.
- This is Logano’s eighth pole in 43 NNS races.
- Kyle Busch, Brian Scott, Carl Edwards and Greg Biffle round out the top-five.
- ESPN2, MRN and SiriusXM 128 will broadcast Saturday’s races beginning at 5 p.m. Eastern time.
TREVOR BAYNE, No. 99 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry: “The Aaron’s Dream Machine was pretty good during qualifying. The sun came out when we got ready to hit the track so the track lost some grip. The car got a little tight coming off turn 4, but I think a top 10 starting spot will keep us from getting into trouble.”