Friday, May 14, 2010
Martin Truex Jr. Wins The Pole at Dover International Speedway
Michael Waltrip Racing Qualifying Report - DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
• Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry - Qualified FIRST, Pole Position
• David Reutimann, Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry - Qualified 13th, Starts Inside Row Seven
Martin Truex Jr. won the Coors Light Pole Award with a time of 22.88 sec/157.315 mph on Friday afternoon at Dover International Speedway. The pole award is the fifth career pole for Treux Jr. and the first of the year for Michael Waltrip Racing. Truex Jr. last won a pole award at Phoenix last fall. Sunday night will be the third consecutive race that MWR has a Camry starting from a top-five position. (Reutimann 2nd at Richmond, 4th at Darlington).
Reutimann, who won the pole award at Dover last spring, was 13th fastest with a lap of 23.02 sec/156.406 mph. Reutimann and the No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota will start Sunday afternoon’s race on the inside of row seven.
Sunday afternoon’s running of the Autism Speaks 400 presented by Hershey’s Milk and Milkshakes gets underway on FOX, MRN and SiriusXM Satellite Radio 128 starting at 1:00 p.m. ET.
• Truex Jr. won the Coors Light Pole Award with a time of 22.88.
• It was the fifth career pole for Truex Jr. (Last, Phoenix-2, 2009)
• Truex Jr. also scored Michael Waltrip Racing it’s fifth Cup Series pole award. (Reutimann 3, Waltrip 1, Truex Jr. 1)
• Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Kyle Busch and Jimmie Johnson round out the top-five.
• JTG-Daugherty Racing driver Marcos Ambrose qualified the No. 47 Toyota 26th
MARTIN TRUEX JR., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry, Pole Winner
“We left some out there. We were a little worried because the track keeps getting hotter. We were a little tight in three and four and I was a little nervous whether we should have put scuffs on it. We went with fresh Goodyears. It was a great lap for our NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota. We’ve been struggling a little bit in qualifying lately. We came here with a really good plan. We stuck to it and it worked out. The NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota was really good in race trim. We’ve been really good in races lately. I love coming to Dover so I hope this is a great start to this weekend.”
DAVID REUTIMANN, No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry, Qualified: 4th, Second Row
“The Aaron’s Dream Machine was pretty good in practice, but for some reason our qualifying lap was very tight and the worst the car has been all day. It’s pretty disappointing that we couldn’t even back up our practice times. We have some work to do, but we’ll get better before the race.”