Ryan Truex Race Summary: Ryan Truex was solid all day in Iowa in the K&N Pro Series’ version of an All-Star Race where the top East Series drivers square off against the best West Series drivers. Truex qualified third and fought his way to the lead early. Truex and crew chief Mike Greci fought a loose condition all day, but remained in the top five most of the event. Despite the car’s handling, Truex came home sixth when the flag fell on a green-white-checkered finish. The solid points day places Truex firmly in second in East Series standings, just 14 behind leader and Iowa winner Max Gresham.
KNPS Race Results
- Max Gresham won the Goodyear Dealers of Iowa 200
- This is his second consecutive win this season
- This is his first appearance at Iowa
- Gresham edged Ty Dillon (second) by a fender at the line, Darrell Wallace Jr., Corey LaJoie and pole sitter David Mayhew rounded out the top five.
- The race featured nine lead changes among seven drivers.
- The race was slowed by seven cautions for a total of 50 laps.
Ryan Truex, No. 00 Armed Forces Foundation Toyota
- Truex started third and finished sixth
- Led six laps midway through the event
- Ran inside the top five for the majority of the race
- Came home sixth after a green-white-checkered finish
Truex Quotes: “Our car was great during that first run, but something changed after we pitted. I’m not sure if we got a bad set of tires or what, but our car was just too loose the rest of the race. I’ve got to thank everyone on my team though. Once again they gave me fast car. It was a good points day for us, so we’ll take that and get ready for Martinsville.”