Sunday, May 16, 2010

Trevor Bayne Dover Race Report



  • Trevor Bayne, No. 99 Diamond-Waltrip Racing Toyota Camry - finished 29th - now 14th in points.



Trevor Bayne Race Summary:  Diamond-Waltrip Racing driver Trevor Bayne had a fantastic run come to a screaming halt with just two laps remaining in Saturday’s Heluva Good! 200 from Dover International Speedway. The 19-year-old driver started the race 23rd but with a solid race car and great pit stops worked his way into the top 10 with just under 100 laps remaining in the race. Bayne continued to climb the leader board and was shown fifth with 50 laps to go. Unfortunately, on the next-to-last restart, Denny Hamlin got into Clint Bowyer triggering a nine-car accident that collected the No. 99 Diamond-Waltrip Racing Toyota. The accident brought out an 11-minute, 42-second red flag and ended the day for the youngest fulltime driver in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Bayne finished the event 29th seven laps down to the leader. He is now 14th in the NASCAR Nationwide Series championship point standings.


UPDATE: Bayne was send to local hospital for further evaluation on his left foot. X-ray's were negative and Bayne is scheduled to be in the No. 99 during the Daytona New Car test on Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.

NNS Racing Results

  • Kyle Busch won the Heluva Good! 200, his 34th victory in 184 NNS starts

  • This is his fourth victory and eight top-10 finish in 2010

  • This is his second victory and seventh top-10 finish in 12 races at Dover International Speedway

  • Ryan Newman (second) posted his second top-10 finish in five races at Dover International Speedway.

  • Jamie McMurray, Reed Sorenson and Jason Leffler rounded out the top five

  • The race featured four lead changes among three drivers.

  • The race was slowed by six cautions for a total of 25 laps.

  • NASCAR estimated 33,000 race fans in attendance at Dover.



TREVOR BAYNE, No. 99 Diamond-Waltrip Racing Toyota

  • Bayne started 23rd and finished 29th

  • Worked his way into the top five with just under 50 laps remaining in the race

  • Ran inside the top 15 for the majority of the race

  • Great pit stop by the over-the-wall crew during the second pit stop helped Bayne pick of five spots on pit road

  • Involved in an incident on the final restart received major damage and was forced behind the wall

  • Finished 29th, seven laps down to the leaders

BAYNE QUOTE: “Our Diamond-Waltrip Toyota was pretty good today. My pit crew did an awesome job for me this weekend. However, we just got tangled up in someone else’s mess. That was probably one of the hardest hits I have taken in a race car. My ankle was a little sore after but it’s going to be okay. Just going to rest it a little over the next couple of days.”

12 comments:

  1. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
    top cash for cars brisbane
    best cash for cars brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article.
    Cash for Cars Wollongong

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work
    cash for scrap car
    Srap car removal

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article.
    cash for cars gold coast
    cash for cars sunshine coast

    ReplyDelete
  5. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward to your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
    car buyer Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thank you and good luck.
    cash for unwanted cars caboolture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply want to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is simply great and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.
    Townsville Cash for Cars

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. We pay our customers instant cash up to $9,999 without any waiting time. It is our policy to not let customers wait for their money. We also provide free towing services, so customers save even more money when dealing with us. This strategy has been a great success with our customers in Queensland. Through this, we gained a lot of goodwill from our customers.
    cash for cars sydney nsw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sell8 is an used auto buyers who offer quick quotes for any vehicle. ask your vehicles value today & sell it for cash in anywhere brisbane. Car Buyers Brisbane will buy any make any model and we guarantee same day payment!* Sell your car online with Sell8 today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensitive. I can't wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous site. cash for scrap cars everton park

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your wonderful post! It was actually enjoyable to read; you are a superb author. Best  Cash for Scrap Cars  Buyer in South Australia, Car Wreckers pay Cash for Scrap Cars from your residential and business sectors in SA and its regions. In Adelaide, Gold Coast, Toowoomba, Ipswich, and Caboolture, our costs are the lowest, and there are no additional fees that we will tack on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This article is truly one of the best in the history of articles, and you are absolutely fantastic. Contact our team of experts if you need a recent car removed or disposed of right away. We would be delighted to provide you with a free quote over the call at Car body removal adelaide .

    ReplyDelete