Trevor Bayne Race Summary: Trevor Bayne, the youngest fulltime NASCAR Nationwide Series driver, grabbed a solid 11th-place finish and climbed into the top 12 in the championship point standings at Kentucky Speedway on Saturday night. Bayne continued his string of impressive qualifying efforts in the past six races by grabbing a 12th-place starting position. The 19-year-old driver worked his way into seventh before the second caution flag waved on lap 20. After the restart the No. 99 Aaron’s Dream Machine started to lose rear grip and Bayne began free falling through the field. He was 20th before a caution flag flew on lap 111. The No. 99 Toyota started to come to life and Bayne found himself in the top five with 57 laps remaining in the race. The Knoxville, Tenn., native held strong with a tight-handling race car and crossed the finish line 11th.
NNS Racing Results
· Joey Logano won the Meijer 300, his seventh victory in 51 NNS starts
· This is his first victory and ninth top-10 finish in 2010.
· This is his third victory and third top-5 finish in three races at Kentucky Speedway.
· Carl Edwards (second) posted his second top-10 finish in six races at Kentucky Speedway.
· Brad Keselowski, Brendan Gaughan and Reed Sorenson rounded out the top five
· The race featured 11 lead changes among eight drivers.
· The race was slowed by 10 cautions for a total of 51 laps.
· NASCAR estimated 61,000 race fans in attendance at Kentucky.
TREVOR BAYNE, No. 99 Dream Machine Toyota
· Bayne started 12th - his fifth top 12 starting position in six races
· Move up three spots to 12th in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings
· Picked up five spots before the second caution flag flew for a single car incident on the backstretch
· Lost gear grip during the middle part of the race and ran as low as 20th
· The over-the-wall crew pick up five spots on pit road during the lap 113 pit stop
· Worked his way back in the top 10 after a fuel only pit stop on lap 133
· Raced inside the top 10 until the final lap when Colin Braun passed him in turn three
· Bayne finished 11th his second top 15 finish at the 1.5-mile track
BAYNE QUOTE: “We accomplished our goal of just finishing the race tonight. Jerry Baxter (crew chief) told me just to finish every lap and good finishes will start coming to us. We didn’t have the best race car tonight but we were able to grab a solid finish and bring home a Aaron’s Dream Machine in one piece. My guys have done a great job every week bring good equipment to the race track. This is something we can build off of. Now we can bring this car back to the shop an make it better for the next race.”