Sunday, June 13, 2010
MWR Michigan Race Report
David Reutimann, No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry
• The Aaron’s Dream Machine started ninth, but needed the car freed up off the corner early on.
• Reutimann moved up to 17th by lap 165, but fell to 27th after a green flag stop to fix the vibration on lap 171
• By lap 181, the No. 00 was back up to 15th position for the final restart and battled to finish 18th.
Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota
• The No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota started 13th, but struggled to find grip early and fell to 25th by lap 20.
• Truex raced in 25th position at the halfway point.
• Truex pitted on lap 139, but returned five laps later because of a loose lug nut dropping him to 31st.
• By lap 160 his lap times were the same as the leader and returned to the lead lap on final caution at lap 180.
• Finished 17th and is now 16th in the point standings.
• Denny Hamlin won for the second consecutive week and the fifth time in 2010
• Kasey Kahne, Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart rounded out the top-five
• The race lasted two hours thirty-three minutes in front of an estimated crowd of 95,000
• The race featured 18 lead changes among nine drivers
• The race was slowed by four cautions for a total of 14 laps
• The next race is Sunday at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif.