Friday, June 25, 2010
Michael Waltrip Racing - New Hampshire Motor Speedway Qualifying Report
- David Reutimann, Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry - Qualified sixth
- Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry - Qualified 26th
Sunday afternoon’s race from New Hampshire Motor Speedway gets underway on TNT, PRN Radio and SiriusXM Satellite Radio 128 starting at 1 p.m. ET.
• Juan Pablo Montoya won the Coors Light Pole Award with a time of 28.781 sec.
• Kasey Kahne, Kurt Busch, Mark Martin and Ryan Newman rounded out the top-five
• Current point leader Kevin Harvick qualified 24th
• JTG-Daugherty Racing driver Marcos Ambrose qualified the No. 47 Toyota 12th
DAVID REUTIMANN, No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry, Qualified sixth
“It was a good lap. The Aaron’s Dream Machine was good both laps. Rodney Childers (crew chief) and the guys made some adjustments on it after practice. After the first runs there and even out on pit road, changing tire pressures and stuff like that right up to the last second. Ended up making a good call. The car was solid, drove really, really well and it was more stable and predictable that I anticipated it being. I think I might have messed us up a little bit. He told us going out that probably the first lap was going to be as good as anything else just due to the way things have been going for us. We were a little quicker on our second lap, but not much.”
MARTIN TRUEX JR., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry, Qualified 26th
“It just wouldn’t go. The rear tires chattered pretty bad. We’ve been battling that since we’ve gotten here. I’m disappointed with qualifying and I’m sure the draw didn’t help. We went out early again. But for me, where you start here is not as important as it is at certain tracks. We’ve got two more practices tomorrow and I’ve got all the confidence in the world that Pat and the NAPA crew will get it all worked out.”