- David Reutimann, No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry - Finished 15th - 19th in points.
- Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota Camry - Finished 22nd – 18th in points.
David Reutimann Race Summary: David Reutimann and the No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine battled in the top-15 throughout Sunday’s NASCAR Sprint Cup race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. As the field spread out over long green flag runs in the first 235 laps, the No. 00 team pitted early to take advantage of new tires and gain track position. But on lap 236 it found itself stuck on pit road when the caution flag flew dropping it a lap behind the leaders. Following the pit stop the No. 00 team restarted 15th and worked its way up to 11th before a flurry of late-race caution flags. Reutimann raced for tenth in the closing laps but a collision with Denny Hamlin dropped him to 15th where he finished the race. The Aaron’s Dream Machine returns to action Saturday night at Daytona International Speedway.
David Reutimann, No. 00 Aaron’s Dream Machine Toyota Camry
- The Aaron’s Dream Machine started sixth and finished 15th
- The No. 00 battled a tight condition early and a loose condition late in the race
- A caution came out on lap 236 as the No. 00 attempted to short pit and Reutimann lost a lap to the leaders.
- The No. 00 took the wave around on lap 241 to regain lead lap status and restarted 15th
- The No. 00 was battling for 10th on lap 292 when contact was made with Denny Hamlin dropped the No. 00 to 15th.
REUTIMANN QUOTE: "That's a pretty frustrating day for the No. 00 Aaron's Dream Machine team. We were decent all day, just never very good. We went back and forth trying to find the right balance, but just never seemed to get on the other side of it. We had good stops all day and my guys worked their butts off all weekend to give us everything we had. We tried to short pit late in the race and were caught on pit road when the No. 9 lost its engine - that didn't help matters any. Then we finally got up to about 10th with a couple laps to go and got tangled up with the No. 11. That dropped both cars back about five spots - which is where we finished - 15th."
Martin Truex Jr., No. 56 NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota
- Truex Jr. started 26th and finished 22nd
- Truex Jr. battled a car that went from loose to tight throughout the race
- No. 56 Toyota went a lap down to the leader at lap 217
- No. 56 fell a second lap down to the leaders on lap 236 when it was caught on pit road trying to short pit
- The NAPA AUTO PARTS Toyota took the wave around to gain a lap back on lap 241.
- Truex Jr. raced as high as 16th before pitting on lap 291 for four tires and adjustments.
TRUEX QUOTE:"We definitely need to be better when we come back here in the fall. Qualifying definitely hurt us because it was so hard to pass. It seemed as if nothing really worked out in our favor. I think that last caution really hurt us. If it would have stayed green, we would have been OK. I'm looking forward to returning to all the tracks now. (Crew Chief) Pat (Tryson) and I have notes now to work off of so I am hoping everything will work out."
- Jimmie Johnson won for the fifth time in 2010.
- Tony Stewart, Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon and Kevin Harvick rounded out the top-five
- JTG-Daugherty driver Marcos Ambrose finished 13th.
- Point leader Kevin Harvick leads second place Jimmie Johnson by 105 points
- The race lasted two hours forty-eight minutes in front of an estimated crowd of 91,000
- The race featured 14 lead changes among nine drivers
- The race was slowed by four cautions for a total of 19 laps
- The next race is July 3, 2010 at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla.